How do you LIVE UNITED?
Reading to kids? Volunteering at a food pantry? Helping your elderly neighbor unpack her groceries? Mentoring a friend about how to balance his checkbook? Being a healthy role model? Tutoring kids after school? Being generous with your time and money? Helping people in a crisis? Taking a meal to a friend during times of need?
Take a picture featuring you… your family… your friends… your coworkers… your group… showing the LIVE UNITED spirit while wearing your LIVE UNITED t-shirt.
Don’t have your LIVE UNITED shirt yet? Simply contact United Way of Olmsted County at (507) 287-2000 to get your free shirt.
Send your photo to us through this online entry form by February 29th, 2020 and it may win a prize, be featured in the “Live United Community” Gallery, and be chosen for use by United Way of Olmsted County in our campaign materials and other publications!
A successful entry will capture community members wearing a “Live United” t-shirt and participating in activities relating to one or more of our three focus areas:
- EDUCATION Helping children and youth achieve their full potential
- Improving access to quality, affordable childcare and early learning opportunities
- Partnering with schools and parents to improve graduation rates
- Providing after-school and mentoring programs for at-risk youth
- HEALTH Improving people’s physical and mental health
- Reducing substance abuse, child abuse and domestic violence
- Providing access to nutritional food
- Increasing access to critical mental and physical healthcare services and preventative care
- Providing skilled, quality care for senior citizens or individuals with developmental disabilities
- Providing disaster relief and/or emergency preparedness services
- FINANCIAL STABILITY Helping families become financially stable and independent
- Supporting basic needs while increasing financial education
- Helping hardworking people obtain job training and family-sustaining wages
- Connecting people to the resources they need