DEPARTMENT: Resource Development
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Resource Development
STARTING SALARY: $45,000-$50,000
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
United Way of Olmsted County (UWOC) is a community change organization that fights for the education, health, and financial stability of every person in our community. UWOC fights to erase divisions, bridge divides, and right inequities. We connect people with resources that change lives and transform our community. You can learn more about our organization, our impact, and our values at www.uwolmsted.org.
To apply, please email Zeni Aly (zenia@ uwolmsted.org). If you have specific questions about this position you can contact Jennifer Teske (email@example.com). In the email we ask for:
1. 2-3 paragraphs in the email (not attached, write in the body of the email) telling us why you are interested in this position and how you believe you meet the qualifications.
- By paragraph we mean a set of 3-7 sentences, meaning your email should be approximately 6- 21 sentences long.
- You will not receive more or less consideration because of a shorter or longer email.
- DO NOT send us a traditional cover letter. In this process we are seeking someone who pays attention to detail and follows direction. If you send a cover letter, this will be considered not following directions.
2. A summary of your work/skills/training/educational history as an attachment OR a link to your LinkedIn profile
- We do not have a preference on which one.
- You will not receive special consideration for sending both.
- Our aim is to understand where you have worked/volunteered before and the types of roles you have had. Maybe you have led fundraising efforts in the nonprofit sector, maybe you have incredible relational and organizational skills from your past experience, maybe you have demonstrated success in a sales position, maybe you have experience collaborating or working cross sector with individuals who may share unique or opposing thoughts and ideas —we are open and interested in engaging people across the spectrum of experience and industry.
Qualified applicants will receive a reply within five business days to schedule a conversation. We will keep the position open until filled. Start date is flexible—ideally someone will begin full time by June 6.
If you'd like to get more involved with our work, please visit our volunteer opportunities page.
If you are interested in volunteering your time and talents to United Way of Olmsted County while pursuing educational credit, we respond to inquiries received three months before typical semester start dates. Please send a resume, a description outlining what type of experience you’re hoping to gain, and scheduling considerations to firstname.lastname@example.org by the following dates:
- Fall semester volunteer placement: June 1st
- Spring semester volunteer placement: October 1st
- Summer semester volunteer placement: February 1st
Our ability to provide a meaningful volunteer experience depends on staff capacity, project availability, and mission alignment. If you submit an inquiry, you can expect to hear from staff within two weeks of the dates listed above to coincide with typical semester schedules.