A United Way Charitable Gift Annuity is a contract between the donor and United Way that provides advantages for both.
- Guaranteed fixed payments for life, a portion of which is nontaxable
- Charitable income tax deduction for a portion of the gift
- Reduced capital gains taxes
The pay out rate on an annuity is based on the age of the donor at the time the gift is made. At the time of death, the amount remaining in the charitable gift annuity is given to United Way.
This is an irrevocable gift to the United Way in return for a guarantee to receive a life-time annuity payment from United Way.
- Use a Planned Gifts Calculator to view your personal gift.
- How to Live United and Receive Guaranteed Payments for Life
- Create Your Plans
- More About Planned Giving