United Way of Olmsted County is partnering with Olmsted County high schools to recognize and reward students for their volunteer efforts in the community.
Where to Volunteer
Current Year Application
- October 2016 - September 2017 Student Application - Word
- October 2016 - September 2017 Student Application - PDF
- Volunteer 145 hours or more of service in a year including at least one school related activity
- Student must meet the “Student in Good Standing” qualifications included in these guidelines.
- Applicants must meet all requirements and guidelines - click here
- Hours are for eligible volunteer work from October 1, 2016 - September 30, 2017.
- Application deadline is on or before October 2, 2017.
Participating High Schools
- Lourdes High School - Emily Pearson
- Mayo High School - Lynn Garry
- Stewartville High School - Joyce Stacy
- If you don't see your school listed, check with your principal
To help track your volunteer hours
- Community Service Log Sheet - PDF
- Community Service Log Sheet - Word
- Application Checklist - PDF
- Example of a verification letter
What to Expect After You Apply
- United Way of Olmsted County will notify you that we have received your application by email on or before October 16.
- United Way of Olmsted County will notify you by December 1, 2016 if you are receiving this award.
- A student who qualifies for the Varsity Letter in Community Service, will receive a certificate and a community service scroll patch if he/she is a first time recipient or a bar if this is the second, third or fourth year earning the award. These are currently free of charge.
United Way Hours
- You may hand deliver or email your application to our offices at 903 West Center Street, Suite 100, Rochester, MN.
- Please note that our offices are open Monday-Friday 8:30 AM to 5 PM.
United Way Contact
United Way of Olmsted County
Attn: Varsity Letter in Community Service
903 West Center Street, Suite 100
Rochester, MN 55902