United Way of Olmsted County is partnering with Olmsted County high schools to recognize and reward students for their volunteer efforts in the community.
Congratulations 2019 Recipients!
The 2019 Varsity Letter in Community Service recipients provided a total of 1,107 hours of community service in one year. Due to the postponement of our annual Celebration of Caring and Giving event, we couldn’t recognize their accomplishment as originally planned. Instead, we are showcasing their commitment virtually through a 3.5 minute recognition video. Congratulations, student leaders!
Where to Volunteer
- Visit our Get Connected volunteer portal to view current needs in Olmsted County.
Current Year Application
All supplemental materials including; Requirments & Guidelines, Service Log Sheets, Checklists and Verification Forms are included in application form.
- October 2019 - September 2020 Student Application - Word
- October 2019 - September 2020 Student Application - PDF
- Volunteer 145 hours or more of service in a year including at least one school related activity
- Student must meet the “Student in Good Standing” qualifications included in these guidelines.
- Applicants must meet all requirements and guidelines listed in the application
Important Dates 2019-20
- Hours are for eligible volunteer work from October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2020.
- Application deadline is on or before October 2, 2020.
Participating High Schools
- Lourdes High School - Emily Pearson
- Mayo High School - Lynn Garry
- Stewartville High School - Joyce Stacy
- If you don't see your school listed, check with your principal
Tips and Tricks
What to Expect After You Apply
- United Way of Olmsted County will notify you that we have received your application by email on or before October 15, 2020.
- United Way of Olmsted County will notify you by December 31, 2020 if you are receiving this award.
- A student who qualifies for the Varsity Letter in Community Service, will receive a certificate and a community service scroll patch if he/she is a first time recipient or a bar if this is the second, third or fourth year earning the award. These are currently free of charge.
United Way Hours
- You may hand deliver or email your application to our offices at 903 West Center Street, Suite 100, Rochester, MN.
- Please note that our offices are open Monday-Friday 8:30 AM to 5 PM.
United Way Contact
United Way of Olmsted County
Attn: Varsity Letter in Community Service
903 West Center Street, Suite 100
Rochester, MN 55902