United Way of Olmsted County's Days of Caring (UWOC DOC)
The 2017 United Way DOC event will engage employees from Olmsted County with local nonprofit agencies to work on one-time volunteer projects.Teams/individuals will select needs (projects) from United Way of Olmsted County's Get Connected Advanced Event resource (by invitation only to active nonprofit agencies currently in Get Connected). Volunteer projects will be Monday - Friday from 8 am - 5 pm in 2-4 hour timeslots.
Non-profit agencies not in Get Connected registered with United Way of Olmsted County’s Get Connected online tool prior adding needs in the UWOC DOC Advanced Event. Current agencies in Get Connected will get an email invitation to join this Advanced Event and add needs for your agency's Advanced Event tab. UWOC DOC is a unique opportunity for you to market your agency and services to the community, establish relationships with Olmsted County volunteers and strengthen the volunteers' awareness of your mission.
Requirements of Participating Non-Profit Agencies
- The agency must provide a “meaningful” volunteer experience
- Materials and supplies needed to complete projects are the responsibility of the agency
- Agencies should meet/communicate with volunteer Team Leaders prior to project date
- Agencies should communicate with volunteer Team Leaders if there is a change in the project (i.e. due to inclement weather)
- Complete agency evaluation
There will be up to 500 employees that will participate in UWOC DOC. Most volunteers will be part of a team but there may be some employees that are participating as an individual.
Important Dates to be listed soon.
Early August, 2017
- UWOC DOC Advanced Event active in Get Connected
- An email invitation will be sent to Get Connected agency contact to add UWOC DOC Advanced Event needs
August 29th, 2017
- Deadline for registering volunteer projects
- Get Connected Advanced Event will be closed to agencies for adding UWOC DOC needs
September 1, 2017
- Projects available for IBM team/individual registration
September 18- October 27, 2017
- UWOC DOC dates
- Monday - Friday
- 8 am - 5 pm
- Projects are 2-4 hour timeslots
October 30, 2017
- Agency and Volunteer Evaluation
- Online web form link will be emailed to agency and volunteers