Central to our work are the people who get involved in big and small ways to ensure a better future for our community. Your time and energy are precious, and we’re beyond grateful for all that you’re able to lend. United Way of Olmsted County is looking for volunteers who represent the diversity of our community. People of all genders, ethnicities, races, religions, abilities, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Special Project Team: Initiatives
The Special Project Team: Initiatives will make recommendations about United Way’s role in providing direct services to the community. The team will meet regularly throughout May, June, and July of 2017.
Applications are due April 16, 2017.
- Special Project Teams Charter
- SPT: Initiatives Position Description
- SPT: Initiatives Online Application
- SPT: Initiatives PRINTABLE Application (mail to 903 West Center Street, Suite 100, Rochester, MN 55902)
The Listening Team will help United Way and the community gain public knowledge as it relates to hearing the voices of individuals who are not commonly heard and on whose life experience there exists little or no local-level data. Members of the Listening Team will gain public knowledge through hosting and/or processing community conversations and/or being a UWOC representative at community group meetings as they apply to United Way's goal.
Applications for the Learning Team are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Listening Team Charter
- Listening Team Position Description
- Listening Team Online Application
- Listening Team PRINTABLE Application (mail to 903 West Center Street, Suite 100, Rochester, MN 55902)
The Research Team will help United Way and the community by co-learning with others through research. As part of the Research Team, members will learn through literature reviews, analysis of data, and participation in site visits designed to build knowledge on topics for which it did not exist previously.
Applications for the Research Team are accepted on a rolling basis.
- Research Team Charter
- Research Team Position Description
- Research Team Online Application
- Research Team PRINTABLE Application (mail to 903 West Center Street, Suite 100, Rochester, MN 55902
Future United Way Volunteer Needs
Additional volunteer teams that will be open at a later date:
- Funding Review Teams: These teams are assembled to review and evaluate applications for financial support and to provide United Way with funding recommendations.
Community Volunteer Needs
A comprehensive list of volunteer opportunities in our community can be found on Get Connected.