Get a Running Start for School!
The goal of Running Start for School is to ensure that every child is prepared to learn and succeed by providing free school supplies to students most in need. In these tough economic times, many families that live in Olmsted County struggle to purchase school supplies for their children. This year over 8,400 students in Olmsted County may need our help with getting a backpack and school supplies for school year 2015/2016!
School Supplies Needed List - by July 24!
Collection Partners for Backpacks and School Supplies
- Click here for more information and to register as a collection partner.
- Post and hand out school supplies needed poster
- Pick up a collection bin and help us collect backpacks and school supplies from NOW - July 24!
- Share our website on Facebook and Twitter: www.uwolmsted.org/runningstart
- Print off posters and shopping lists to give to friends - marketing materials
- Email email@example.com or call 507-535-5503 for more information or if you want to help
Check out our 2015 CHAMPIONS! Our Champions, including Y-105 and Townsquare Media and all of our collection partners help make Running Start for School a successful collection by giving back to the community.
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS - get active and participate
- July 7 and 14 - Terraloco 5k walk/run
- July 17 and 18 - Running Start, abc 6 News and WalMart Stuff the Bus
- Week of July 27 - Sort and Inventory donated school supplies
- Week of August 3 - assemble School Kits
- School Supplies Distribution to students at Longfellow elementary school (July 13), Byron Public Schools (August 11), Rochester Math and Science Academy and Rochester STEM School (August 19), Rochester to include Rochester Public Schools, Rochester Catholic Schools and Dover-Eyota Public Schools (August 18 and 20), Pine Island Public Schools (August 13) and Stewartville Public Schools (August 4)!
JOIN US for the TerraLoco 5k Run/Walk!
TerraLoco is a local shoe store that takes great pride in bringing the community together. They will be hosting a charity run on Tuesdays July 7 and July 14! Each 5k will cost $5 and all proceeds will go to Running Start for School
GET SIGNED UP:
Help with Running Start and abc 6 news Stuff the Bus on July 17 and 18 at Wal-Mart North and Wal-Mart South! All school supplies collected will be used for Running Start for School intiative.
You can help by donating money to buy backpacks and school supplies. Please include "Running Start for School" in the Contribution Note.
Eligibility for Free School Supplies
To receive free school supplies, your family must be eligible for free or reduced lunch. Click here for more information about free school supplies.