The 10 Who Make A Difference Award recognizes 10 outstanding individuals or groups within Southeastern Minnesota and Northern Iowa who have made an impact in their community through volunteering. Each year KTTC Television and the United Way of Olmsted County ask non-profit organizations and the public to nominate an individual or a group who have made a difference in their community. A judging panel of community members reviewed the nominations and selected 10 individuals and/or groups to receive this award. The 10 Who Make a Difference are honored at an award ceremony in Rochester during Rochesterfest.
Please join us at the 21st United Way/KTTC TV 10 Who Make a Difference Award Ceremony on June 25 at 1 pm at the Rochesterfest Main Stage.
We will honor the following categories: Adult (age 18 and older), Business, Family Unit (2 or more), Group, Senior/Senior Group (age 55 and older) and Youth/Youth Group (age 17 and under).
Check out the stories of this year's 10 Who Make a Difference 2014 Award winners - click here!
Awardees were judged on:
- Action: Involvement of the nominee was active and not figurehead.
- Need: Nominee contributed a needed service to the community.
- Initiative: Used new methods, initiated activities, took charge.
- Inspiration: Nominee started a new program, used new methods to solve problems, and set an example for other volunteers.
- Time: The amount of time devoted to the activity, service or agency was significant.
2013 Awardees and view their inspirational stories - click here
For more information
United Way of Olmsted County Volunteer Center
903 West Center Street, Suite 100
Rochester MN 55902